IoT and ML Innovation Challenge - 2
Bolt IoT is conducting IoT and ML Innovation Challenge -2 for students studying in schools and colleges in India. Participate now and win exciting prizes for your projects.
This is a chance for you to exhibit your talent across the Bolt community in India.
Note: Our Judges are evaluating the projects submitted in Innovation Challenge 2, and the result will be declared by the 31st of March, 2021.
Prizes to be won
There will be two categories for the prizes. One category is for Individuals and the other for institute/college.
a. Individual Prize
- 1st Place: Rs 30,000/- + certificate
- 2nd Place: Rs 20,000/- + certificate
- 3rd Place: Rs 10,000/- + certificate
- 4th and 5th Place: Amazon Echo Dots
b. Best College Awards
Top 3 colleges with maximum students who qualify for the final round will be awarded a certificate and a trophy.
How can I Participate?
- Create and Build a project using the Bolt IoT Wi-Fi module
- Make a document and video of the project
- Submit your project here https://info.boltiot.com/innovationchallengesubmission
The steps for uploading the projects along with some important pointers are given on the next page. Note that we have given sufficient time for project submission so that student can complete their training as well as Innovation Challenge Project.
To be eligible for this competition,
- You should have enrolled in this IoT and ML training from https://shop.boltiot.com/.
- You are not an employee of Bolt IoT.
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Bolt IoT employee.
- You should be a student studying in India.
You must meet the following requirements to submit your projects for the contest,
- You must use the Bolt IoT WiFi Module included as part of the training kit in your project submission. However, if you wish, you can use any other sensors or actuators in addition to the ones included in the kit. You can also use any other controller like Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc. in your project ALONG with the Bolt IoT WiFi module.
- Your project must be fully documented with clear instructions, code(If any), and screenshots in the required format.
- You will also have to make a video showcasing the working of your project. The video can be shot on a mobile phone camera and need NOT be professionally created/edited.
- You can build a project on any topic. You can build any project that utilises the Bolt IoT WiFi module.
- Only one project submission is allowed per student.
- Group project is not allowed.
Each project will be graded and assigned a total mark out of 100. It will be judged based on the following criteria. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Bolt IoT or judges may not be able to share an explanation in case of disqualification or selection for final round or final selection of the winners.
1. Creativity (30 points)
- Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea). However, do not copy the projects taught in the training or documented on https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects. Preference will be given to project idea that has not covered in training or documented in https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects.
2. Practicality (30 points)
- The practicality of the idea i.e. what problem does your project solve? Is it relevant to real-life? Can many people use this to solve their problem?
3. Project Documentation (20 points)
- At the time of judging, we may be recreating your projects according to your instructions. Make sure that the steps are clear and we are able to build it in a single attempt.
- The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand and implement, the better!
- The documentation should help other students learn and recreate the project.
4. Video showing the working of the project (20 points)
- Details for making the video are given in How to submit your project? section on https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/iotandml/lectures/12645715
- Projects which are similar to the Capstone project in the training will not be entertained. They will be disqualified.
- Plagiarised projects will be disqualified. Please do not copy-paste project content.
- We may be recreating your projects to review, test and award them. Projects that do not function as described will be disqualified.